TOUGHTEEN is a triathlon for ages 15-19 years old. It will take place on Saturday, September 15 as part of the TOUGHMAN Triathlon weekend festival. Teens will swim 300 yards, bike 6 miles (closed to traffic), run 2.5 miles. Over $1,500 worth of awards to the overall winners!
|Race Date:||Saturday, September 15, 2018|
|Start Time:||11:30 AM|
|Location:||Lake Welch, Harriman State Park, Stony Point, NY|
The High School that has the most participants qualifies for a TOUGHTEEN GRANT.
You must be at least 15 years old and under 20 years old to participate in this race. Ages will be determined based on your age on December 31st, 2018, so if you turn 15 later this year you are still eligible to race.
Wednesday 9/13: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Tailwind Endurance, 143 West 72nd Street, New York, NY
Saturday 9/16: 7:15am – 9:15am
Registration Tent, Lake Welch, Harrison State Park Parents must sign a waiver for each of their children racing, therefore you cannot pick up anyone’s else packet.
You will receive the T-shirt size you ordered. We will gladly swap sizes AFTER registration closes. Stop by the Race Info Tent 9:30am - 1:00pm to exchange your shirt.
A parent or guardian must sign the USAT waiver at pick up if you are under 18 years old and you must bring your USAT Youth Card (if a member) or you will pay $12.
You are required to bring photo proof of identity. There are no entry transfers or substitutions. Participants who swap or sell their race number without going through the race management, will not be allowed to race and lose all entry fees as well as be subject to disciplinary action by USAT.
Steps to Print a temporary USAT card for current USAT members:
1. Go to: usatriathlon.org
2. Login using your email address and password (top left-hand corner homepage)
3. Click on "My Account" on the right side of the page
4. Once the page loads click on "Print Temporary Card" (the 7th link on left-hand side of page)
You must pickup your chip on race morning at the registration tent.
No race day registration.
• athlete entry
• performance wick race shirt
• race nutrition
• post-race BBQ
• swim cap
• goody bag with bottle
• timing chip rental with five splits
• finisher's medal
The race is a USAT sanctioned race so USAT rules are in effect. You must wear an ANSI-approved helmet during the bike portion of the event.
Transition opens at 7:30AM on Saturday morning and closes promptly at 9:20AM. TOUGHTEEN athletes will be in the last wave at 11:30AM.
Awards will be presented to: Top 3 Overall Men 15-19 Top 3 Overall Women 15-19
There are no refunds. Please contact us prior to Sept 1st with issues of registered teens that cannot complete.
• Opens at 7:30AM, closes at 9:20AM for setup. Do not touch or move other racers bikes or equipment. • Bike racks are individually numbered for the ADULT race, so ignore the race numbers on the rack. Instead, we have open racking BY AGE GROUP and BY WAVE. • Look for your age group rack signs posted at the end of each bike rack. There should be 6 bikes per rack, 3 per side and tell the child to remember where they rack. • Rack by your bike by the seat, not the handle bars. • Do not lean your bike against another bike/pole. • Bike must have a BIKE FRAME NUMBER attached in order to enter transition & wristband must be on. • Please label all your belongings to avoid confusion on race day. • Transition does not re-open until 12:50pm. YOU CANNOT REMOVE YOUR ITEMS UNTIL THAT TIME.